In June 1999, the establishment of a charitable Trust by incorporating a limited company by guarantee enabled the purchase of the property for £20,000 in April 2000, with possession in August 2000, thus permitting capital grant funding applications from various sources to go ahead. In turn, a significant contribution towards the expansion of the Sandhaven and Pitullie economy commences, consistent with Government policy of renewing and improving small harbour facilities around the Scottish coast.
5 Things About The Trust
- The Trust is made up entirely of Volunteers.
- Since the Trust took over at Sandhaven Harbour there have been improvements every year.
- All age groups are involved in Trust work.
- Trust Membership is open to all.
- The Trust offers among the cheapest Harbour Dues in the local area.